Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Words to the Wise

Image Credit

A close family friend lost her battle with cancer this past weekend. These words reminded me of her because it was how she chose to live her life.
It's something we can all aspire to!

TEN WAYS TO LOVE

1.  Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18:13)
2. Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
3. Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
4. Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
5. Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1)
6. Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
7. Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
8. Trust without wavering. (Corinthians 13:7)
9. Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
10. Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend, Melissa. It's always hard when we lose someone we love, especially to a disease like Cancer. I wish we could find a cure. She is whole again, with no pain, just peace and happiness. I'll be thinking of you.

What beautiful passages from scripture. I will write these down to remember them. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Melissa, I read this a week ago and didn't comment, though my heart is heavy for you and for your friend's loved ones. When my uncle died of colon cancer(about two years after my grandmother died--also Cancer), my friend's mother mentioned how sad it is that Cancer is the one tie that so many of us have between us. Perhaps if we read and follow the scripture you posted, there will be better things tying us together...