Monday, April 5, 2010

Guest Curator on Crescendoh this Week!

For those of you who DONT know...
Jenny Doh, while very talented in her own right, is the kind of person who rejoices in other's talents and helps us to be the best we can be. The former Editor in Chief of Stampington magazines, she has ventured out on her own to share a very special message: Art Saves. Her new website is Crescendoh. What I love about her is that her time is not spent blowing her own (beautiful and talented) horn but rather using her power and might to blow life into the horns of others. She is truly a rare gem. Go see for yourself...


Here is her definition of how Art Saves: What is art? Is it paint on canvas? Pencil on paper? Yarn on needles?

We at CRESCENDOh believe that art is all of that and more. Art is what comes out of each of us, as we use our diverse spectrum of talent to elevate and beautify our lives. Art can be a quilt … a collage … a rubber stamped card … a poem … a musical performance … a well-loved garden … a delicious meal … a warm conversation. Art is what gets us through the moment, the hour, the day, the years, the lifetime. ART SAVES.

Crescendoh features Art Saves stories from all around the world. I was lucky enough to have mine featured there this week. (Melissa Bolton) Click below to see my article about how Art Saves - all week 4/5-4/10

Featured on CRESCENDOh.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

I really enjoyed reading your Art Saves story it truly warmed my heart. I think it is awesome that you left the business world to follow your passion in art. I wish you much success!!!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Melissa-I really enjoyed reading your "art saves" story. You are so right-sometimes it is a quiet whisper and not a loud crash-the way art weaves Herself into our lives. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Cassandra said...

I just wanted to stop by and say I am so thankful for you featuring my blog. I am so happy you enjoyed it. It was such an honor. Thanks so much! xo Cassandra