Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bringing Back a Dying Art

I am just putting the finishing touches on a new project...
A few years back, I acquired several dozen crochet & knitting patterns from the 1890s-1920.  Due to their age the patterns themselves needed much TLC to make them readable.  I took on the task of retyping each pattern so that I could offer these beauties for sale.  I'm anxious to see what someone is able to do with a modern-day version of these.  If you happen to purchase a pattern and complete it-send along a photo and I will feature it next to the original photo here on my blog!

Here are some of the patterns-COMING SOON! The restoring process to the photos and the patterns is nothing short of painstaking but I vow to get through it as soon as I am able. Until then, enjoy the sneak peek:

                                                                                                               

                                                                                                            
                                                     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these.
My great great grandmother was so very good at all of this lovely detail. I am so happy I have discovered you! Blessings Eden

themotleymuse said...

i too have received a stack of old crochet patterns left by my mother's second husband. his first wife was an avid crocheter and her patterns date back to turn-of-the-20th-century to about the late 1940's. fortunately, the patterns were stored well, and except for some breakdown of the paper content, the pattern books are almost pristine. i have made a few of the elaborit (sp?) doilies and dresser scrves, using some more modern colors as updates. thanks so much for sharing your loving restorations.