Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blogging with Integrity

I thought this sounded pretty great...


BLOG WITH INTEGRITY encourages bloggers to play nice and be respectful.  Here's how they describe their mission:


"By displaying the Blog with Integrity badge or signing the pledge, I assert that the trust of my readers and the blogging community is important to me.

I treat others respectfully, attacking ideas and not people. I also welcome respectful disagreement with my own ideas.


I believe in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate.


I disclose my material relationships, policies and business practices. My readers will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should I choose to have it. If I do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked.


When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, I handle myself professionally and abide by basic journalistic standards.

I always present my honest opinions to the best of my ability.

I own my words. Even if I occasionally have to eat them."

Want to take the pledge yourself? It’s easy. There’s no cost or complicated application process. Just display the badge, and if you choose, sign the pledge page. That’s it.

CLICK HERE to sign the pledge                       
CLICK HERE to get the badge
 


No comments: